Puto Maya On A Gloomy Saturday

It's raining again. Can't help myself but become traumatic that that Sendong event might occur anytime again soon. Rain-Phobia. There are still evacuees here in a school nearby and it's sad that up to now they have not been relocated to houses that are supposed to be managed by the local officials here in Iligan. I hope things will be better for them soon as well as for my sisters who have also been victims of said calamity.

So today, my family had an early chika (talk) while taking our breakfast eating puto maya (another form of rice cake/kakanin) and a cup of hot coco. This is the best food on a rainy morning while they are sharing their experiences of TS Sendong meantime I've been munching the delicious puto maya. Hehe.

Unlike suman (see previous post), puto maya is another kind of the classic Filipino rice cake of which the rice is in color violet. And just like suman, it has the same process of cooking and taste as delicious as the former. It's one of my favorite ultimate comfort foods especially in this kind of weather. Look it! #LetsEatFilipinoFoods  =)



0 comments: