The Brown Box

Went through my old notes from a brown box I carefully tucked in my room. I had it since fourth year high school and almost 8 years after, I found it and had enough time going through those dusty notes, stuff toys and other memorabilia. Opening this box spawns lots of colorful and painful memories that taught me a lot of things. I became a student of life and the experiences I had were carefully documented and hidden in this box. Looking at a few poem compositions, it made me smile. I wrote this poem on December 20, 2004 and I really don't or maybe I lost track of time that I forgot to whom this was for or perhaps I just loved to write something about it. So here's just some of the poem that I've written. This one's quite an emo-ish! :D



I Love Him (But I'm Just A Friend)

I can feel my heart beats faster;
Whenever I hear his name.
I looked for him everywhere;
When I can't find him myself I blame.

I've fallen so inquisitive;
Although I need a lot of help.
I have fallen in - love so deeply,
I can't concentrate thinking of him constantly.

From all the feelings I hide,
I can't let them out of my heart.
For I fear that he might go away,
It would make me go crazy.

With all my heart I care for him,
But our chances are so dim.
I love him and I just can't pretend,
But to him.. I am just a friend.

I  may have altered a few stanzas to perfectly fit the emotion per line and with its rhyme as well. I loved how at the age of 15 I got acquainted with poetry. I hope to awaken this poetic heart. I just need time and enough inspiration to do it someday soon..  =)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mitchie :) I loved your poem, and I'm glad you took the chance and published it. We would not have read it if you had chosen not to :D Keep writing more girl!

Saf :D

Michelle said...

Saffy dearest, I didn't know you were reading my posts. Haha. I missed u. Let's have another chat, ok? Xoxo and Good luck to us on exams week. :D