Joshua's Order: Mango Float

My six year old very chubby nephew asked me to cook for him some mango float like all of a sudden. It was even before Christmas day that he repeatedly asked me to make one and so I did. It's been a long time since I have been into cooking and so I tried this simple dessert for my pamangkins (nephews & nieces). 

Mango float is also one of my favorite desserts to eat and make since it's easy to do so. It's quite famous in the Filipino delicacy and it definitely caught my taste buds the fact that it's really sweet and creamy. I remembered eating this when my eldest sister made one way back a long time ago right after I also ate Window Cathedral dessert. I thought my sister bought it in a very expensive resto but actually I was surprised to know she actually made it. 

To make this delicious dessert all you need to have is a 200 gram Graham crackers, 2 cups all purpose cream, 2 cups condensed milk, and three large ripe and sweet mangoes. Then when all ingredients are ready what you need to do next is to thinly slice the mangoes, mix thoroughly the all purpose cream and condensed milk in a bowl. Once it is done, in a square glass pan or any other square container you have to thinly make a layer of some of the cream and condensed milk mixture as well as the Graham crackers and then on top of it is another layer of delicious mixed creams and mangoes and so on. Once it's done, you can have the top layer any design you like be it this one: 

Perhaps this one:

Or maybe this:


The way to style your mango float dessert is, well, sky is the limit! Hehe :)

Here's my version of it and it was all eaten in an instant. Loved it!



0 comments: