Gratifying Feeling..

After the Sendong event, I felt the urge to help my fellow Iliganons by trying to volunteer on repacking relief goods early in the morning at the City Plaza or lend a hand to do a feeding program for the victims in a school nearby our residence. I've had my friends and brothers and sisters in Mu Kappa Phi to help out too and it was a great experience for amidst the tragedy an overflowing positive radiance has enveloped the entire City with the bayanihan concept where all Iliganon's helped one another to arise out of this unspeakable horror. 

My family have been a victim too due to tropical storm Sendong's rage over Iligan City still I find time to help out because this is my way of thanking our Almighty for he has saved my family, friends and relatives from the immediate danger brought about by such a horrific event. And so, for the past days I have in my own lil efforts started to volunteer and help out to the Society. I went to MSU-IIT gym to extend my help, cooked tons of foods in our house to feed my fellow Iliganons and repacked relief goods and used clothings too. Good thing my friend from Ozamiz contacted me and told me she'll be visiting my place to deliver the sacks of rice, boxes of noodles, biscuits and canned goods to distribute for every affected place in Iligan. It was such a gratifying feeling to have friends who also have the heart to help out during these trying times. I thank God that out of this tragedy, I now know who among my friends are there to help me through thick and thin and I have learned to stay strong even though negative vibes are tryna pull me and my family down. I am just happy that inch by inch things are going back to the way it was and Iligan is slowly recovering from such loss. Although it pains me to see so many lives were taken but I am still thankful that things are getting better. I hope that the government officials of Iligan City will heed and be prepared for unprecedented events like these. That also the people of Iligan shall be vigilant and live in a place away from those places that have been dubbed as danger zones. 

Anyway, here are just a few pictures of my experiences upon helping fellow Iliganon's during the time of need. It is indeed a gratifying feeling..

































































All the sacrifices was worth it. Just like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in times of sorrow and loss. Despite everything we've been through.. still, THANKS BE TO GOD for another day to live our lives.. =)

0 comments: