Tatay's 2nd Year Death Anniversary

Today holds a celebration for my dad since this is the second year I remembered how God took him from us. I don't really understand even up to now why we have to celebrate his death anniversary. I do not understand the logic why we celebrate the loss of someone dear to our hearts. It seems like there is a certain quaintness to that thought alone.  I would always mourn for for his death and remembered what heartache I experienced every December first at 6:15pm. 

I asked my mom why we had to celebrate it and she said it's one way of remembering Dad every December. It's in every Christian tradition practiced for years so that those loved ones who passed away will be happy that they have been remembered even after their death. 

To my Dad, no one knows where you are but I believe you are now safe in the palace of Jesus Christ. To me and the people who loved you especially your family, we missed you so much. You have been a very loving, responsible partner to mom and a dependable father of eight. You are the sweetest and the one whom the family should be thankful for, for if not for you, mom and the rest of the family won't be here on earth and finished studying. If you haven't been strict to us when it comes to boys, courtship and some other stuffs, we would have married earlier on and face a great ordeal of problems brought about by early teenage pregnancy or those sorts of stuffs. We are thankful for the upbringing you and Mom did for your children. Given that you had eight children is truly tough on the part of the parent financially. Thus, we are proud that you are our father! Love you Tay. I missed you so much.. <3 :)

0 comments: