Being Strong

It's tough being a female. How much more for those single mothers, with kids and a job. Imagine the sacrifice that it takes to say, going through body changes during puberty and even when pregnant and then facing the harsh reality of tending to the school finances of your kids especially for those single moms out  there. That's why I have a solid respect for women who are "solo parenting" and juggling their careers at the same time. My mom may not be a solo parent but now that Dad died two years already, it was tough but I admire mom's being strong and dependable all the time. She thrives to survive everyday and makes it a point that me and my siblings are doing fine. 

Just this week I was advised by my Doctor to take a rest for a few days since I was quite stressed and had an abnormal menstrual bleeding which is for me quite surprising for I haven't had that experience before. Crazy menstrual cramps a.k.a. dysmenorrhea and a little bit of headache stormed my entire week. I haven't gone to school for a few days but seeing mom trying to be strong for me all the time has inspired me to be well and get on with life. Her presence alone and her undying determination to survive has grown in to me. I mean I am always positive but this was the only time I got so weak. It was definitely one hellova week. Mom was sick at first and then now it's my turn to be ill. I don't know why this has happened but prolly because of the weather or just circumstantial.

Photo credits to Google


I already had a plan for this semester trying my desperate effort to make law school sound easy but this, the monthly "red visits" took a toll to my oh-so-positive-vibes. This being one of the dire consequence of being a woman is totally dragging me down. But being strong is the only choice I have to live for my family, for my friends, for myself and to see to it that I will be able to catch up with what I've missed at law school this week. Maybe there won't be classes by next week since it'll be the start of Christmas holiday but I am determined to finish this semester. I just need to rest for this week and gather enough strength for the upcoming bumpy road. For now, I gotta rest and deal with my own private lil war. When I am through with this then I am gonna huddle back to my glory days soon. I'll be back! :)

0 comments: