Raiding the Bookshelves

My bestfriend and I planned on bookhunting a few times already but failed to do so because of the weather which is constantly irritating me the fact that it's like examination month at law school and I don't really like this kind of weather because instead of studying I end up sleeping soundly in bed. Err. 

But a part from the weather, Glenice and I are really busy with work too. So yeah, we didn't plan this afternoon for book hunting but fortunately the weather was kind to us and so out of the blue we decided to raid the bookshelves. I went ahead and while waiting for Glenice, I was already reading a bunch of Grisham's, Jink's and Robert Ludlum books. 

It was one crazy afternoon having fun browsing all sorts of books of different genre with my bestfriend who also happens to love bookhunting more than I do. Although I love reading but she's actually one of the reasons why I am back into bookhunting. I haven't been doing this for quite a long long time already. 

Anyway, here are just some of the books we looked at:

Now this one is funny and quite astonishing! It's the perfect book for those desperate in the love department. VOO-DOO! Haha.  Now check out the next pic.
"Making a Lover Appear" Told yah! This one's such a creepy book with all the rituals, spells and other incantations. Could this be real? Will it work? Coz if it does I won't hesitate buying it. Maybe one of these days I'll try it on someone. Muhaha!! jk :D

This is an interesting book but I'd rather save money to purchase a book collection authored by John Grisham's. Can't wait to complete my own collection of his works. It would be awesome reading all of it. I mean, I've watched some of the films already but haven't read all of it yet in the books. So yeah, I am definitely looking forward to reading it all maybe this coming semestral break or during summer. :)

This is another creepy book. Dispelling vestigial fictions but really catchy title at that! I mean, I love these kinds of stories, crime scenes & solving cases such as "Mystery Case Files" kinda thingy or the Sherlock Holmes sorts of stuffs. 

Ummn.. the title is different from what you're thinking.. this one's a good book.. it'll surprise you with what kind of A heart breaker the character is. Not the typical one. Unpredictable book,really..

Another case-solving story. I don't know if this was based on real life but I am totally digging the title and the vintage look..

Now this one really caught my eye. Not that I have the earnest desire to buy this one hell of a book. Haha! It's just that it's really intriguing and in one way or another I am kinda tempted to buy it maybe soon especially the white one. Ahaha XD

PORK! I am not a Muslim however I am not really fond of eating pork especially the oh-so-oily letchon. Me no likey but since my mom is quite a pork lover, I thought maybe I can cook something for her paired with vegetables. At least it would still be healthy for her instead of just plainly frying some pork. If I try to add some greens in it, the risk for high blood shall be lessened. Yah know, talking about healthy living. 


This book kinda helps my already married siblings. My nieces and nephews are growing fast so I thought this book can be of great help for my brothers and sisters especially so that teenagers nowadays are quite hard to deal with. 



But what I really wish for is to have all of John Grisham books. My eyes were darting all over  the bookstore for some JG books all the time as well as books authored by Perri O'Shaughnessy. This day I bought "The Rainmaker" and I already have a copy of "The King of Torts" so I still have tons of JG books to collect and read thoroughly during my free time paired with hot coffee and snuggling my favorite apple green pillow while I am sitting on my rocking chair. That to me my friend, would be pure heaven. I could not ask for more. 

So  my partner in crime, Glenice ..




and I shall be clawing ourselves back in the book shelves


 to find cheaper books which are still of good quality, hence the store name "Book Sale". Perhaps once we are done dealing with our final exams on business organization then we will surely be prancing our way back to the book store. We shall return even if at the very last minute we'll savor spending our time there just like we did to the point where the store was about to close down. Haha! We'll be back for sure! :)




0 comments: