BLESSED

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! -ROCKY BALBOA

Just gone through some of my favorite movies and I found this very motivating script from the movie ROCKY. I am quite a movie buff myself so yeah, most of the movies I watch is not just about love, romance or finding the right man but more of these sorts a part from sci-fi and John Grisham's. Hehe.

On this rainy day, via Facebook, I've read on a status from my fave radio station a question posted as to "WHAT'S YOU FAVORITE INSPIRATIONAL/POSITIVE LINE FROM A MOVIE?" And voila! I thought about ROCKY. And this explains my post for today. That quote above which definitely jumpstarted my day from losing hope to thinking of kicking-some-ass-day :D

Ohh..days like these I really need some dose of inspiration. I know I am always an optimistic person but sometimes, humans as we are, it is quite inevitable that we feel down, hopeless and it felt like the world is against us. 

But of course, we gotta get up and start living again. 


As they say it, "habang may buhay, may pag-asa". It means as long as we are living, there is still hope. Hope that we can do it again, better and wiser for the second, third or fourth time. To hope for the best even if you are already drowned with tons of problems. 


Just come to think of it, we are far more fortunate than those people living in Africa. We complain of the tasteless food we have on our plates, we complain of drinking water instead of alcohols or other beverages, we complain of not having internet connection and yet those kids in Africa don't have food, don't have enough water to drink and they don't even have the luxury of owning gadgets or get connected in the virtual world. These people are all starving and at the brink of dying. 

That thought alone made me realize I am still blessed and that my problems are far lesser as compared to those people. To live for another day is already a blessing. To live for my family and to spend more time with them. To live for my dreams. To live for God.


I may not be able to help those people living in Africa financially but at least through this blog I am able to let other people realize that what they have right now, the problems that they face is far incomparable to what other people are suffering on the other side of the world right now. 


All I can do perhaps is to pray for these people that they may survive this sad phenomena of their lives and that many organizations will be able to aid them in their needs to eat three times a day, to have comfortable clothes, to be blessed with education and to be in a safe place to live free from terrorism and other forms of  violence. 

Thus, this is my realization for today, I am still and will always be blessed by God. Come to think of it, on a lighter note, having these problems is one form of blessing too. It has helped me to develop my being strong-willed and the determination to face these problems as long as I am living. 

So to DEAR LIFE:

I am not leaving here without a fight.

Sincerely,

DETERMINED :)


0 comments: