Book Hunting

 Everything has been quite stationary in my life. My daily routine would always be from home-work-school and vice versa. Although at times I may be invited by friends for a dinner treat, snack, shopping, looking for what’s new in the make up counters or perhaps a videoke-singko session but never those kinds of things where drinking hard liquor and dancing on bars kinda stuff. I am like I said, allergic to alcohol and I am not also comfortable being within the premises of these kinds of places. Doing those things I’ve mentioned above, except the latter, are what makes me forget some of the troubles that’s been bugging me. It is like a moment to break free from the mundane things a student does.

But what interests me alot these days since book stores have been available in the small City where I hail from, I am now addicted to book hunting. To be honest, I was kind of into reading books even novels when I was in my high school but when I entered the portals of college life, things changed especially now that I am taking another educational degree particularly in law. Things definitely change when you are in law school. Some priorities change over time.

I recently found out one of my comfort zones and book hunting was one of it. I thoroughly enjoyed being in the store, listening to my ipod and flipping through the pages of a book. Although it would have been better if I had to sip coffee but sadly, there’s not enough space putting inside the store a corner to sit, sip coffee and read. But the smell of the pages of the book, the ambiance and everything about it is what I can say one of the best moments of my life. Simple, you can say that. Yup! That’s me. Mababa lang ang aking kaligayahan. J

Book hunting to me now is a luxury and an addiction I like to spoil myself with. It gives me a sense of adventure and an open mind where I keep my senses stimulated. More like reflecting myself as one of the characters of those books whether be it about romance, suspense, sci fi or any other genre.

I just thought, I have been too keen in the virtual world. I barely can’t stand a day without updating my FB or twitter account and spent lots of hours staring at the monitor and stalking. Haha! Well, that is something I consider just now a disturbing thing for me. The more I drew myself to it, the more I neglect to appreciate reading books other than law books of course. I also fail to appreciate other small details in life because I am too damn busy browsing over my FB account or twitter per se. That my friend, for me, is one of the drawbacks of being a product of the computer-age-generation. We mind about other people’s lives and tryna update ourselves about their life through there statuses over FB. We have become too impulsive on things over the internet that we forgot about other important matters in life.

Thus, I decided that beginning today, I better focus more on enhancing my brain with lots of insights from a book rather than minding other people’s business via internet. Haha! I am in fact in the real world (not on the internet) not really the type of person that gossips a lot or takes a considerable amount of time to critique other people’s face, dress and those sorts of things. I don’t give a shit on those things. Although I might encounter these kinds of people but I drop the issue and then move on to other far more important things.

I believe that with this new addiction I have right now, it will be way better than going gaga over the internet. Book hunting for me not only radiates wise insights but as a Filipino, obviously not well-versed with the English language, by reading books I am able to enrich my grammar, sarcastically or not. LOL! This too, is for me, the beauty of reading foreign books.

So yeah, speaking of which, I will be out and about to raid the book shelves. So, catch ya later good people. Haha! J

0 comments: