Day 03- Favorite book that you own.


"365 Guidelines for Daily Living" by Harold J. Sala






This is from my Dad's. He's fond of reading books and before he died, this was the last book he read. He gave this to me and encouraged me to read it. He told me that whenever I feel discouraged, giving up or hurt.. the book will remind me to fight back for whatever challenges that lies ahead of me. It reminded me of him. The man who did everything he could to make all his children professionals and taught us to remain humble. He was the first man I loved so much. When I read the book, it feels like he is just beside me watching, protecting & guiding me all the way.

I haven't gone through all of his books but this one is so far my favorite. It's a very motivational book because there are biblical passages & inspiring stories designated for a short reading everyday. That's the reason why it's a guide to live your life to the fullest boosting your confidence and self-esteem on a mundane basis. Hence, the "365" in it. Hehe. :P 

It has been almost two years now since the death of my father. I've read this book over and over again and it never fails me to bring back my fighting spirit whenever I lose hope or stressed so much. Thanks to you Tatay Doming.We will all be together soon with Mama Alming, my siblings & pamangkins. 

But for now, I & the rest of the family have to finish our missions in life first just like what you have done. Your mission was indeed successful. You've raised us well & I know you led a happy life. We're so proud to have a father like you. 

To me, YOU are a beacon of hope, indeed.
I'll be seeing you soon, Tay. 
I love you ♥ :)

0 comments: