Back to Manila

Last June 30 was one of the most important occurrences in my life. I didn’t realize that I have had the capacity to endure this kind of training since I have had most of my first time experiences beginning this endeavor. To receive a text from the MSU Coordinator, Dr. Macabangkit Ati and be confirmed as one of those people who have succeeded in the training was such good news. Maybe because of my persistence and determination to be one of the interns for this program and the thought of bringing honour and dignity to my family being the youngest has driven me to succeed on my plans and for my future per se. 

On that very day, a simple celebration was done to commemorate our triumph. Members of the staff and the resident nominees of MSU had prepared a “kandori” or a feast for all of us. I have to say I am partially happy and sad at the same time. I am happy because I survived the so-called “elimination round” but I am also heart-broken to see some of the nominees who haven’t successfully passed the training.

After passing the final comprehensive exam, I and the rest of the 51 members of CIPYML batch 2012 head on to Manila to jumpstart another gruesome yet exciting adventure. From Iligan-Davao-Marawi-Manila, it has been totally a roller-coaster ride.

Last week marked the first day of my life to have been given the opportunity to study in the University of the Philippines. This amazing feeling to have stepped back in UP and feel the ambiance of highly intelligent students roaming around the vicinity motivates me to push forward in my studies here for two weeks. I’ve learned so much from big guns such as the Secretary General of the Philippines and other prominent professors of UP. The workshops have proliferated my sense of unity to deal with people from different tribes and religions. Mental enhancement, cultural sensitivity, budgeting and lots of adjustments are some of the things I’ve come to learn.

Although at times I feel sleepy, bored and tired on a series of lectures on a mundane basis but whenever I think about all the blessings God bestowed upon me then I go back on track and carry on whatever challenges life throws at me. Turning 23 just this year, I guess it’s high time for me to discover new horizons and this training is just the start of it. Alanis said in her song “you live, you learn”.

Now from the deepest part of my heart, I am grateful for this program to have liven up one of my dreams. This has definitely marked in my life as one of the most unforgettable journey’s I’ve had in my stay here on earth. Truly, this is one life-changing experience I am forever grateful for.  ♥ =)



0 comments: