Ang Report Para Kay Boss

Today marks one of the most historical events in the Philippines. The most awaited part is the President’s report or what we call the “State of the Nation Address”. Being in the House of Representatives has paved the way for me to be exposed in so many new things which brought about positive impact in my life. Before the sun let up, I was already giddy and prep myself to look as fabulous as the ever star-studded SONA. Naks! I’ve seen lots of artistas, took pictures with them and even chitchat for a bit. I have also spoken with our district representative Hon. Varf Belmonte and we have exchanged conversations pertaining to the issues in Iligan City and about my policy paper. It was one substantial and intelligent discussion with him. It is actually a rare opportunity to even come close to him and converse like long time colleagues. I have not even been given the chance to talk to him when I was still in Iligan. That is why I am so thankful that CIPYMLY was created to provide opportunities like this for the Youth. I am glad that our district representative was very accommodating not like the others who were pretending to be busy and act as though they are Gods in their own cities. Mr. Belmonte has even encouraged us to do best in our journey here in the House of Representatives. Further, he has even invited us for a simple celebration hopefully before we travel back to our respective hometowns. 

But I was most excited with the SONA which was done in the afternoon session. I am really elated to be a part of this event, to step in the corridors of the plenary session hall, to know how it feels like sitting there and watching the Speaker of the House deliver his opening message, to witness the processes of every bill and how it became a law, and eventually to see for myself and to hear what the President will report to his constituents regarding his plans and programs such as the reforms and effective implementation of technical education, the responsible parenthood bill, the freedom of information bill, the AFP modernization, an improved disaster preparedness in the country, bonus for the government workers among others. 

















An hour and a half was all it took for him to deliver his SONA which he labelled as “Report Para Kay Boss”. I appreciate the fact that he has delivered the speech in Tagalog but there were certain loopholes. Still, I am a firm believer that there still persists hope in the Philippines. The reported accomplishments backed up by statistics are somewhat a means of leverage and a sign that our country has developed inch by inch. Although I may have not really felt the benefits of these reported developments but I pray that this shall linger, more so particularly for the next generation to come where to me, an ambitious result surfaces pretty soon. That great vision where our country can now be at par with other highly developed countries not just in the Asia but worldwide. ♥ =)


0 comments: