First Impressions Don’t Last


While I was making this journal around two in the morning, I am actually listening to Yiruma’s instrumental piano pieces, smelling the incense from my katol (mosquito killer) and sipping hot coffee whilst the rain is pouring hard outside. Melancholy. Homesickness. Foresight. These all struck me in a blink of an eye. I could barely put my feelings into words right now but I have to since I am bound to write my weekly journal. It would be way better for me to express my sentiments using my own native tongue though.


Oh well, I joined my Muslim co-interns during their sahur. I tried to sleep early but still my eyes are wide open as if it has its own mind so does my hands. Aside from my family, I kind of missed someone special. (Eek! :P) Instead of thinking about that person, I shifted to write my thoughts on my journal and on my personal diary.  I couldn’t sleep because I missed him badly and the weather is kind of gloomy and scary at the same time. It is a strange feeling to say the least because I have become too sensitive these days.  Perhaps homesickness has that big percentage which effected with how I am feeling from being away with my loved ones. This is a rare occasion when I am down and to have truly missed that one person back in Iligan. The only motivation I have is to count the days left. Just reminding myself every now and then, crossing the remaining days on the calendar and praying that I stay as strong as ever. For I still believe that no matter where we are in life, God has more in store. He never wants us to stop growing. He will always be beside me all throughout this journey we call life. I can honestly say that CIPYML has made me experience what life is. It became my avenue to escape my own comfort zone and just grow up! I realize that because of CIPYML, I did not just exist, I was actually living. I had total freedom where my hands have outstretched to receive all the goodness and badness that life had to offer for the moment. This is the beauty of freedom, to taste the good and bad in life and I have learnt to love it.

Last week’s events were as I say it, life changing. The mundane tasks at the committee, the faces, seeing those two crushes of mine every day who are employees in the HREP (haha!), the paper works for our policy and the pressure felt for being the leader from a pool of intelligent members in the upcoming round-table discussion were pulling down my energy but uplifting me too. Weird but this is the life we all live. The ups and downs are there to shape us. I’ve dealt with the ugly and the pretty stuffs life throws at me and CIPYML taught be to be strong.









But then there was this one occurrence last Thursday where some of my perceptions in life have changed. The visit we eventuated at Villar Foundation in the City of Las Piñas together with the head of cluster two and the committee secretary of the committee on ecology were all accommodating to have given us the chance to go and see for ourselves some of the environment friendly projects and programs of Congresswoman Villar. I have to confess, my first impression on this tour was leaning more due to politics but whether if it’s true, I have to say that the Villar’s have done great in uplifting a sustainable development, an eco-friendly program and livelihood project for its constituents. I hope the other elected representatives shall do the same too. The educational trip we had, taking almost a two-hour land travel was worth it! I wish to witness more of what the other members of the Congress have done in their respective constituencies too in the future.♥ =)

0 comments: