Say hello to my Bhuzet Family :)


Another beautiful memory added in my life. It’s been almost a month or so that I am in this amazing journey because of CIPYML. New faces, new places, new experiences – these were all new to me. Listening to the remaining lectures at UP last week and being able to have been imparted with important knowledge is already a blessing. Learning a lot from people that I look up to has definitely molded me into a better person. And now that we have just stepped in the office of the House of Representatives and having met Senator Angara for the first time, having shook his hand and talked to him for a bit was extraordinarily thrilling. Not just because he looks ravishingly handsome but that this unexplainably overwhelming feeling to just be there and meet the leaders of our country and to be labelled finally as an INTERN of the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES is great!

When Ma’am Maggie told us that we shall be wearing our cultural attire on the very first day we will be stepping on at HOR was quite a trivia. I had to rent a Filipiniana for this very special occasion. Looking at the rest of the interns proudly wearing their individual tribal attires was so beautiful. The representation of different cultures, beliefs and traditions and seeing that within our batch, for the very first time in the GEM program, the UNITY of batch 13th and 14th is visible not just the attires we have worn but by that special bond that we have created. We formed FRIENDSHIP and amidst the differences we all have, there was RESPECT and ACCEPTANCE.

I know this INTERNSHIP would be hard looking from the way the coordinators have chosen us. The interview, the exams and all until finally the 52 are selected. I am still awe-struck of the thought that I am one of those who successfully made it here in Manila. To learn in the prestigious University of the Philippines and to hopefully work in RP’s House of Representatives is beyond words.

These new challenges are worth the risk. DUM SPIRO, SPERO! While I breathe, I hope. At times I loose grasping hope since I am far from the people I get strength from but then there were 51. Fifty one great people and my ANIMAX BHUZET family is there to help me make it through. To Zam, Karla, Fayeh, Venus, Karen, Ron, Yasser and Jeffrey even if you won’t be reading this journal, still I am very grateful that you guys became a part of my C IPYML journey. The laughters, the tears and the fun journey we still have to experience is as I say it, one beautiful memory added in my life. You guys have become an integral part of my life now. I am the kind of person who values friendship a lot and I am so happy to be with you guys.

Truly, life is a school of probabilities. I really thought I’d still be in the same place, being with the same people and same experiences but because of CIPYML it has given me the rare opportunity to open doors and to make me want to do what I really hoped and prayed to do now that I am twenty three years old. Life is cruel, life is beautiful and I am scared. These new experiences, the first times and all gives me the real taste of what life really is. Being away from my family and stepping on to a new territory all on my own is terrifying. But I have always been a firm believer of the plans God has prepared for me. Matthew 28:20 is all that takes to make me believe that HE, the Almighty is with me always through thick and thin, in joy and in tribulation. ♥ =)






0 comments: