Values



For almost four months, I have already known some of my co-interns attitudes towards the others. Some are good, some are tolerable, some are worth looking up to and there are some which made me stop and think for a moment, why from the very start these kinds of people have been admitted in the program when in their selves they pretend and that in their hearts they have injected biases and prejudices amongst the other interns who have different beliefs.

When I heard of this program and knew about its goals, I took it by heart. I know that I shall soon be dealing with different kinds of people and with God’s grace; I have adjusted well even though I am the kind of person who is a bit stubborn and easily loses my temper. I know not all people are able to absorb the idea on what proper etiquette is, I know I have my lapses too but I am grateful to the Almighty that my parents have raised me and my siblings right. Although we may have not been bestowed with richness and prominence but we were taught well and are surrounded with genuine love, respect, to fear the Almighty, to be grounded and to do good deeds to others as much as possible. More particularly, my parents raised me to understand what responsibility is and for that I am thankful for their guidance and the trust given to me for which I will forever value. 

Unfortunately, in this generation, it is sad to know that when it comes to values, it is actually slowly degenerating. I only pray and hope for the best that eventually before this program ends, that the interns are able to learn and mold their skills not just academically but also rooted on good morals, values and sensitivity in all things such as beginning to accept the differences in religion, beliefs, cultures and even ones gender. I know there are still people who are not attuned to the unconventional type of society but going back to the main purpose of this program, since we were trained to become the future leaders of Mindanao, as leaders, we have to be flexible in all matters, maintaining a mind that is neutral and accepting.

I am now counting the days left and the busy schedule for this month has kept me preoccupied to do my best in order to fulfil the requirements provided to us by USAID-GEM. I am enjoying every ride especially during high tides where I am bombarded with lots of things to do. After all, this is part of the training and for the remaining days, I am excited for the travels, the new experiences, the new learnings and the thought of going back to my hometown with something new to share to them.♥ =)


0 comments: