CARPE DIEM!


Only one month left and we’re back into our ordinary lives again. The question posed for all of us Congressional Interns will be “What comes next after CIPYML?”. However, before I answer that question, I am pretty sure I will be missing the people who have become part of my life in this particular journey. This has been pretty much one of the best memories in my life and as always, I am so grateful to be in this program and the learnings I have acquired is something worth sharing with.         
   
I guess with the remaining days left, I will truly make the most out of it. Well, the word of the day, as inspired from one of the Latin poems of Horace is CARPE DIEM. I have one month more to recapitulate the things I have learned in the Congress, the preaching’s of my second family in the Committee on Government Enterprises and Privatization under the supervision of Ma’am Cora, Ma’am Shierryl and Sir Greg, the enlightenment and reviews given to me every morning from our Committee neighbour, Atty. Mon, the revisions and constructive critique in my policy paper from my mentors Ma’am Alou and Ma’am Diola, the pieces of advice by Ma’am Lina, our ever supportive mentor for the round table discussion, the friendship I’ve formed from most of the Committees in the House of Representatives and from my co-interns from CIPYML plus the new experiences I’ve had during my stay here in Manila is a blessing and something I will forever cherish.            

So what comes next after CIPYML? I think, if God permits, if there is a job offer here in Manila especially in the HREP, I might grab the chance to work here and to continue studying Law as well in one of the prominent universities in Manila. I already told my family about my plans and they somehow approved of it. My brother would always tell me that I am special, that I have what it takes to do more and that Iligan is too small for my dreams. I believe that in order for me to make some of my “to-do-list” a reality, I better step out of my comfort zone and start discovering new opportunities for me to grow as an individual. I submit that it is high time for me to truly test the waters given that I am now 23 and bestowed with the freedom to do what I believe is just and the trust reposed to me by my family, I will do my best because this is not just for me but for them too and for the future of our next generation in the family, which I value being an auntie of five nephews and five nieces.

So yeah, CARPE DIEM to that! ♥ =)

0 comments: