Rolling in the Deep

It’s twelve forty in the morning and still it is raining hard outside. It’s been more than a week that Manila have had stormy days the same thing I feel whenever I go about my paper works for the policy and round table discussion. It feels like I am rolling in the deep for me to survive this Congressional Internship and I am beginning to feel the real tension. So in order for me to comply with the said requirements, I’ve made my own timetable since I know this month and that of September will be our “hell months”. I say it’s “hell” because we are competing with the limited time we have in order for us to polish our paper assignments. I admit, it’s quite perplexed but I am learning a lot and I am trying to enjoy the journey as much as possible even if I am bombarded with heartaches and homesickness.

In my fourth week stay here in the Congress, I’ve had manifested the intricate processes in the lower chamber and I’ve compared it with my exposure as well in the Senate. I’ve enjoyed it a lot even if it was only held on a half day due to the stormy weather. From Pasay to Quezon, upon going back home, me and the rest of the CIPYML interns residing at Don Antonio did such hilarious stuffs. Surprisingly, we decided to make our own music video covers just like that of Georgina Wilson and company’s cover on “Call Me Maybe” which was a hit on Youtube. We surely had fun and that was another amazing memory in my Congressional Internship journey.







Yet we go back to the mundane tasks as interns, just last Thursday I attended for the first time a committee hearing pertaining to GOCC’s particularly GSIS. I have witnessed heated arguments between the counsels of GSIS and other stakeholders involved like the TWG of Government Enterprises and Privatization, DEPED, various representatives from the Congressmen’s offices among others. I was even flabbergasted to have seen how each counsel have defended their stand on each section provided in the matrix that I have helped created. It was such a gratifying feeling to have seen them civilly managed a heated argument like that which most definitely made me all the more inspired to continue my quest of becoming a lawyer once I finish this training.



Having met other people from the Congress such as the Committee Secretary on the Committee on Suffrage has also given me the chance to talk to them and learn a lot from them. Since one of my close co-interns, RI (Ralph Ivan) is celebrating his bday, the Com. Sec. on Suffrage, Ma'am Debbie, Ma'am Karla and the rest treated RI, me, Karen and Venus also as a reward for the assistance we gave them during the mock election held at the Congress in coordination with Smartmatics. It was also another beautiful experience with such nice people. 

      

Other than that, I’ve also met with my group for the RTD and having discussed with them our plans for August 29 excites me. The pressure is on and I am even more motivated to push this through because of my group members. I am inspired to work with such amazing people. But I am a bit frightened and sad for my group on the policy paper since we shall soon have our pre-defense this 16th and we just had to change the title of our policy paper which is quite alarming given the limited time we have. I just pray that we can make it through this and although hope may be a bitch sometimes (please excuse my profane words) but I am still firing up the passion and desire I have for the success of our papers. I will, in my might to have this polished soon even if I am now rolling in the deep covered with thoughts of giving up. I CAN DO THIS. WE WILL PROSPER! ♥ =)

0 comments: