Let’s Inspire Each Other


INSPIRATION. This has been one of the recurring words I’ve had in mind for this week’s event in my life here in Manila. The word itself is very powerful and could change lives for the best. I’ve been inspired in so many ways from the chat I’ve had with my big brother straight from Jubail, from a visit in the Makati City Hall, hearing pieces of advices from my fellow co-interns and of course, being in love with the same man for eight years. Nothing beats a heart full of passion to learn and to share what I have learned from the most inspiring people I’ve had chit-chats with during my CIPYML journey.

I say INSPIRATION because this fuels me to push through my plans in life given that I am now at the age of 23 and is not getting any younger. Time flies by so fast and so cherish every moment, every second that passes by. My brother would always remind me that there is only one life to live so we should have to seize the day, thus, CARPE DIEM! I’ve had a chat with him via Skype and he among the other members of the family would always motivate me to do great, be good to others and stay grounded. His advices pertaining to the love department always amazes me. His warnings, his foresight, his guidance and love for his little sister have given me enough reason to be the best that I could be.

I see the same INSPIRATION too when we just had our LGU visit at the Makati City Hall last Friday. Seeing the grandeur and efficacy portrayed in each of Mayor Jun Binay’s employees and his noble plans for the so-called Wallstreet City of the Philippines, is truly an inspiration that the National Government must implore. The visit was quite refreshing and they were very accommodating to us, the CIPYML interns. The experience we had at the helipad on the 24th floor was breath-taking as if we were floating on cloud nine.









Since I am mentally dazed which is caused by a tremendous pile of paper works and meeting deadlines, I am actually lucky and INSPIRED to be with the people from Don Antonio with even just for a few months. Together we cried, we smiled, we were defeated, we have triumphed and we became a family through thick and thin. This bond was tested when in this week we had experienced the wrath of typhoons and monsoons in the capital city of the Philippines. We were hand in hand as we transferred to another room since our previous place was drenched with rainwater. It was a scary experience having heard and seen the news of flooding in some parts of Manila. My family back in Iligan & Jubail was scared and called me every now and then to check if I was doing well and is far from danger. I assured them that I was doing fine and that they have nothing to worry about since I am with a group of people who will never leave me and will stay by my side no matter what happens.

Lastly, I am inspired of the thought that once I am finished with the training, I shall be coming back home with a heart full of love and lightness. That special someone my family approves of is waiting for me and with such INSPIRATION stemming from true love, my plans for the betterment of my society based on my learnings in the Congressional Internship shall be successfully applied. God-willing! ♥ =)

0 comments: