Self-centeredness


A close friend of mine suggested that I immediately read a certain book of which he believes I would love to and perhaps get addicted to it whence I get the chance to hold it and read it for myself. And so, I DID. There’s a particular line there which totally captured my attention especially to the situation that I am in right now, hence the title, SELF-CENTEREDNESS.

“Selfishness is weakness. But loving and caring for others is
a position of power beyond anything
we can possibly imagine.”
               
Some people are gifted with the virtue of patience and understanding but not all are blessed to have this. Perhaps others are totally naïve to notice that their being self-centered or selfishness has caused to the disadvantage of others. And these kinds of people may forget that sometimes, it is not always that one is able to control their temper or are able to understand with an open mind and heart. Human as we are, we are never limited to err, for to err is human as they say it. And this becomes worst when the person abuses such patience bestowed to them especially when that person’s patience has already come to its limit, or has already pushed the red button, the fact that such person is sick or is suffering from such illness at that particular instance. I may have encountered a not so serious altercation with one of the interns but I was hoping that a little compassion nor common sense was observed in such a way that I was in deep slumber and needed a sufficient rest to overcome such illness. We may have expressed our apologies as I was the one who asked for her to come back and talk it out civilly as matured persons do but I believe such was not enough to address the issue. I have forgiven such a person despite some instances where other co-interns would observe her being such self-centered. I do not know if such person has made up stories to tarnish my reputation but I am in good faith and believe that only God knows what the truth is.

Either way, even with a sick body, my mind was working on our policy paper and round table discussion. Even if I am nauseating, my mind couldn’t rest until such time that I have completed my unfinished business. My fever did not stop me from accomplishing what needs to be done. Although I may have been absent in the HREP for one day, for the first time, but I have worked out my aim for that particular period even when at home and not feeling that well at all. I am also grateful that my RTD group mates visited me at my dwelling to check up if whether I was doing fine. Such companionship together with Ma’am Nor-en has lifted up my weary-spirit and weakened heart. I do not appeal for any bad remarks against that person but I wish her well and pray to God that she may have also realized her mistakes the way I did. I am guilty of not being faultless, because maybe I may have unconsciously hurt her feelings too, but I am hoping things will get better between us two as I do not want to end such friendship in bitterness. This does not only refer to her but to some other interns who are guilty also of being such self-centered individuals who at some point have not really understood the real essence why we have been chosen by this program. ♥ =)

0 comments: