The Vow

Technically, today was my second day at work in the law office. Nothing really much to do since not much people were around and some might have been pretty tired due to the summer heat and perhaps because of the rotational scheduled brownout as well. Then right before we end the day at work, our boss, my brother who is a lawyer, called us while he was at CDO on a hearing session, reminded us that there will be a wedding that's gonna happen in the office. A civil wedding. My. First. Time. Yeah! Ya got it right! My first time to witness a civil wedding and what was really surprising was the groom was the son of my god mother. Haha! What a small world. And the most exciting part was I get to hear their vows.It was so sweet and I loved the preaching done by the bishop. It was about letting GOD be the center of the marriage. That we should not love our spouses in a manner of "because of" but rather we chose to marry and love our partners "inspite of" everything. It's an unconditional love where the will of God is what makes the bond strong. That such marriage also centers TRUST and LOYALTY. And that we may also instill in our minds this passage in the Bible which states that: 

"Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." "But my God shall 
supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." 
(Psalm 37:4 and Phillipians 4:19)
=)


2 comments:

Glens Selanroj said...

Mitch dear! LURRRV your post, as always it amuses me and many readers out there. :)

Congrats on your new job. See yah later!

Michelle said...

Hehe! Thanks :)