The Single Woman’s 30-Day Blogging Challenge

It has been a long time since I get to update my blog. I have been quite busy at school and work and the fact that this busy-ness has stressed spelled all over my face, I still have time to take the challenge posted by one of my favorite authors which I discovered online via twitter, Ms. Mandy Hale. Oh yes! I have been single for 24 years already and I still have no luck in the love department. I believe I am beautiful and awesome in my own way and I treat people right. I've been a good daughter to my folks and I have never brought any disgrace to them (such as getting myself impregnated or taking drugs, etc.). Yes, I have suitors too but there's something that I am looking for in them. I think I have also found what people usually refer to as "the one" but sad thing is, in his eyes he doesn't find me that appealing. But oh well, we gotta carry on and live with it. This is one of the givens in life, you get hurt, broken but there is always hope and I am a firm believer of that. You just can't please everybody and I still have lots of things to do and awesome people to meet. Who knows, the real thing is really out there just waiting for me. He could be within reach and so I have to super-size my instincts. Haha! But seriously, at times, I thought I was "malas" (ill-fortune) in the love department but I realized, patience is a virtue and everything happens for a reason. I need not wait for someones validation of my being a woman, I only need myself and I've gotta enjoy the ride while I still live in this beautifully-messed-up-world. I have got to fix myself first before I try to decide on committing in a really deeply-committed-relationship with what they call "the one". 

Oprah was right when she said that we gotta find that special someone not for supplementary but for complementary reasons. A relationship with someone other than yourself takes a whole lot of challenge but the differences should not tear you both apart, rather you gotta complement each other and love shouldn't fade away most specially in times where you feel like the world is against you. This is the reason why despite my crazy schedule and a week bombarded with exams and deadlines, I decided to be up for this 30-day blogging challenge. This is gonna be interesting and I am looking forward for my single friends too to take this challenge especially when writing down everything you feel and reflect on gives you this release, this therapeutic feeling that we need out of the hustle and bustle of City life. If you are up for it, click this link and have fun, ladies! :)

0 comments: