FEB. 09 - GUILTY PLEASURE.


Since I am a self-confessed foodie, I am often fond of eating spicy delicacies especially "palapa". Most of our family members at home is into spicy foods too especially my father who was an Ilonggo. 

Our love story between "palapa", this exotic Maranao appetizer, started when one time my brother came home with these unusual containers which was a gift from a friend at work. He told me I'd fall in-love with what's in it and indeed he was right. It was enticing especially the smell of it. Instantaneously I got hooked on other spicy foods with palapa in it like bahdak, bodi, ruti, Maranao beef randang etc. The playful mixture of ginger, native chili seeds, scallions and bits of desiccated coconut meat, chicken, fish or beef is to die for. LOL! Haha. Smoke will be coming out of your ears and nostrils coz it's really really SPICY but totally delicious. But for spicy-food lovers like me, I don't mind eating it while sweating profusely. I just can't resist SPICY foods! ♥ ;)


0 comments: