CHILL OUT!

I've only got limited time to do all my tasks & I am struggling enough to meet both ends such that I'd be able to read the ever long provisions of the RPC (Revised Penal Code), you know Article 14 of the aggravating circumstances, all those preparations for another set of oral recitation on my political law class, cramming for said case digesting of my legal research class & another set of articles to read under my civil code class as well. And ow..another 23 cases to digest for this upcoming thursday’s oral recitation on political law class as well. Whoa! Gotta rush for requirements. How am I supposed to encapsulate all these readings on my braincells when sometimes I still need to condition myself just so that I can study well (moody-type-me). Will I be able to tolerate all the endless overnights? Gees’! My handwriting is killing me! My hands are already conditioned not to write in a cursive manner it was only in lawschool that I forced my handwriting which is by the way not really that bad (according to me..haha..).

I had been doing all probable things to condition myself now that I have become a law student. I’ve tried to rearrange my room, bought a new set of study-lampshade, got some energy drink piled in my fridge, went to the grocery store to stack up midnight snacks in my cabinet, bought colorful post-its just that I might be keyed up to remind myself of the daily tasks that I am supposed to do, had to buy new sets of aka THE LAWYER-LOOK-ATTIRE, had to also memorize legal jargons, had to buy a PC with internet, and some other things just so that I might love the status quo of my life at this instance. I am even thankful that there are holidays because it’s an excuse for me to have a day-off from having to do all those readings & case-digesting. But not really though..kinakapos pa rin sa oras. Huhu..Plus I've been facing other ordeals yet through it all it's just so unusual of me because I still find myself smiling amidst all sufferings. Optimistic? Overwhelmed? Pretending to be okay? Hmn.. Am I still sane? Hahaha.. they say some lawstudents couldn’t bare the pressure anymore that’s why others become insane while others resorted to do suicide. It hasn’t come to my mind yet but maybe sooner. Hahaha..Just kidding aside! Maybe if I kept on being so serious & being too hard of myself I wouldn’t really enjoy much of what I have right now.

One of the memorable lines I’ve remembered of the movie Legally Blonde was that when Elle’s father said “Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious.” It was scary but I beg to disagree on the ugly part ..nyahaha.. :D So from then on I kept on smiling & meditating although I know law school is indeed sober to be brutally honest though. I just realize that even though studying the so-called jurisprudence is a bit boring and serious but one needs to take a break. Sabi nga nila “chillax, don’t be too hard or else you might end up intentionally killing yourself”. Yeah! Suicide..the willful destruction of oneself for maybe one couldn’t bare such an undesirable situation anymore such as the cy-war torture in lawschool. That’s why I seem to write another entry in my blog while doing case research 3:34 in the morning and how ironic of me to still find myself grateful amidst all the pressure. If I hadn’t “chillax” a bit I wouldn’t have lasted maybe even a week here in law school. Some of my classmates who were already married, some single, some are distinguished doctors who wanted to become lawyers (never really heard of lawyers wanting to become doctors but the rather the opposite of it), some police officers have already surrendered or dropped out from some subjects & some even decided not to continue studying anymore. Humihina loob nila from all the pressure, the pang-iinsulto ng mga attorneys, the on the spot verbatim-kinda-recitation. Kaya nga sabi ko palakasan lang talaga ng loob dito. Survival of the fittest ika nga nila. It’s a pity for those who surrendered so early, all the opportunity, the money & the time wasted. I am just being fortunate that I have my family, my friends & my faith for making me last this long, this very deadly life of a law student. I am glad that they are there to help me withstand more possible challenges in the upcoming. They are the reason & one of my prime motivation to press on! It may be ironic that I still find myself laughing amidst the said nightmare lawschool has brought into my life but I am better-off because this is the only way I see myself to survive.

Well.. gotta press on! I still have lots of stuffs to do especially the 11th hour-mode thingy.
Haha.. still, “chillax!”






0 comments: