Piadini, Panini, Piadina, Ruti: Whatever you call it, it's freakin' delish!

I remembered my friend Athena and my brother from a fraternity I am affiliated with at law school who happens to be Athena's boyfriend and guess what his real name is Superman. Yup! Yah got it right. The Man of Steel and Athena "The Goddess of Wisdom". Deadly combination, right? Well, these two are some of the people I respect and like. Athena who is so sweet, kulet and very "ate" like and Superman who is a brother whom I can depend on, these guys treated me on a snack over at PopRock when I got off from the office at work. We chat and made kulet with each other and then ordered for a snack. It was the day where I first tasted Poprock's "Piadina". It's very tastefully delicious. It may not look that much from the outside but once you get to taste it, I promise you you'll be asking for more. It definitely won my tastebuds. I said to myself, I'll definitely have it listed as 2nd to my favorite snacks of course on top of the list would be the unbeatable tuna pie. 

Here in Iligan, we call it "Piadina", in Marawi City they call it "Ruti" but in Italy they refer to it as Panini where a small, filled bread rolls are folded twice and stuffed with cheese, perhaps mozarilla and then toasted in the oven or pressed by a warming grill. 

Although it is originally called panino which means bread in Italy or sandwich in America. But in Iligan City's version it is way too delicious. It's not just stuffed with cheese but slices of chicken/pork rubbed with fresh garlic, veggies and paired with mouthwatering sauces made only in the City of Waterfalls. 

This is what I am talking about:





So when I had my first bite, I couldn't stop admiring the food. Then I promised to myself, I'll be back for more. Haha! Thanks to the lovers, Athena & Superman. My belly's full and I've had another food trip where I see a possible place to comfortably sit, listen to my ipod, sip coffee, read my favorite books especially from John Grisham and then eat my oh-so-deliciouso panini este piadina. :P

0 comments: