A Note to all Online Filipino Workers & to the Prospective Employers


Out of my busy lifestyle (which I love the most), I have come across a very interesting post for today. While browsing my FB account, I have read a post of a secluded page for all Filipino workers who are working online such as Virtual Assistants also known as VA's which includes bloggers, writers, call center agents, web designers, web developers etc. The said post  proved very helpful. It is definitely enlightening for all neophyte OFW's (Online Filipino Workers), so check this one out:





This is just a feedback on your ad posted at craigslist.org. Consider the following points: 

1. The lowest a Team Leader who works at a local Call center earns is PHP30,000.00 (roughly USD 667/month) 

2. 13th month pay is mandated by law in the Philippines, given every December of the year 

3. A manager (like other employees) here in the Philippines get the following benefits: 
a. sick leaves 
b. vacation leaves 
c. overtime pay 
d. higher rates when working overtime 
e. additional night differential rate when working graveyard shifts (consider this very well if you're going to ask them to work during PST/EST/etc...) 
f. holiday pay (keep this in mind if you want them to work during Philippine holidays) 
g. medical insurance  


So if you are thinking of hiring someone who is a real professional, you would have to prepare a better offer, especially if it's a home-based position since your prospective employee will be using his/her own resources and utilities just to give you good service.  


With that being said, I'm sure you'll get responses from some people here who may be desperate. But don't think they would stay with you for long if you do not treat them well and give them adequate compensation.   
To all employers: please stop exploiting the Filipino worker. 
To all Filipino jobseekers: let's all stand together and be discerning with our choice of employers. Some of these employers are great and well-meaning but they don't know the standard benefits they should offer; so it is up to us to inform them with what they need to know. 



Although the fact that I am a law student and I have been studying stuffs like these with regards to the rights of the workers, but due to my busy sched I forgot to inform my co-workers with stuffs like these that each and every worker should know. 

Therefore, I am grateful for this a lot. I hope many of my fellow Pinoy (Filipino) workers are educated about these rights that we should avail to ourselves. Soon enough I will add some other rights that we have to know in order to prevent maltreatment and any other violation pertaining to the employees rights. 

Till then, watch out for my new post entry! Have a great day everybody! :)

4 comments:

Coloradocasters said...

I really like the fact you go out of your way to update folks on stuff like this. Very helpful. You can follow my fishing blog if you want to. If you get really bord that is. =)

Anonymous said...

Very informative. Keep this up! ^^,

Revon said...

It is really appreciative.. I love the Mexican unique styles.



Stylish Mexican Shoes

Michelle said...

Thanks guys for the comment. Appreciate it! :)