TIPS FOR JOB INTERVIEW

I have browsed over at Youtube and I remembered a particular movie during my work experience at a Call Center Company here in Iligan City. We had to watch that clip for us to be motivated at work and be productive in the process. When I first watched this part of the movie I was immediately hooked. I thought maybe this could also do the magic for my students on Eng 3 even before they get to really dwell in the real world of getting a job and be on a job interview and those sorts of things. You can watch this video and learn from it. Make use of the tactics and how the main actor engages a communication with his employees. Click here: THE BOILER ROOM
I heard from one of my student's in English 3 (Oral Communication) class that he was afraid of just a mere job interview but since you are in my class I will teach you how to conquer your fears. It's like the same quote from Alexander the Great where he said "Conquer your fears and I promise you, you will conquer death".
This is just a matter of confidence, believing about what you can do and trying the very best that you could to do the things that you are not most familiar with. Take for instance if you are nervous when it comes to facing other people you can and will be able to endure that weakness. Well, it is normal to be nervous because you are about to be judged as to the abilities you possess but think of the NEED of getting that job. Think of the BENEFITS. Think of something that will motivate you to GET IT! You can face in the mirror and think of a mantra. You face yourself in front of the mirror and say the words "I can do this." "I am the BEST.". I am BEAUTIFUL". "I can WIN." Be a winner.
Other problems one might encounter on job interviews, such as making use of the words "umm..", "actually (more than once)", "you know". These should not be encouraged because it will interrupt your flow of thinking and can be very vexing to the employer. Although I have had explained further about this at class, still I am determined to give more tips for all of you to be prepared for the oral examinations. 


After all, this is ENG 3, our goal here is to develop a fluency in spoken English, to acquire an acceptable and comprehensible pronunciation, to gain self confidence as a speaker and empathy as a listener. Further, constructive is very important for one to become a good public speaker and by doing this you might find someone to tell you their honest feedback with regards on your deficiency in the use of the English language and discuss this with someone you look up to. Someone you respect a lot and someone you believe that will be able to help you solve your weakness. You can also join debates, perhaps the English club, or better yet read articles online and watch videos that might inspire you to develop your publish speaking skills. You can begin watching a few clips here JOB INTERVIEW TIPS


To my English 3 class, practice and motivate yourself. The real world is harsh, there is always competition. It's like survival of the fittest. Expect the unexpected Job Interview Questions. And please be guided accordingly to the assignments I have given you last weeks meeting. Do tell your other classmates about this one. I would like to expect a great performance from you guys because I know you all will be brilliant. 






Good luck! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice post mitch... very helpful. Yeah, I saw that clip of the boiler room also, and it was really very interesting... :)

Michelle said...

Hehe.. thanks a lot Glen :)
hmn.. it was one of my favorite part of the movie though .. am glad you liked it as well ..