CHARMED BY THE MUSIC OF BOYCE AVENUE

Sometime in September just over 2 years ago, I was a graduating student with a Bachelors Degree in Political Science. That time we had to make our thesis for us to finally walk away from the portals of MSU-IIT and achieve that certain stature - to graduate.

It was in Mister Donut's where I and a bunch of my close friends agreed to spend the day pouring all of our time for thesis editing when out of the blue, I got tired and decided to chill for awhile. I borrowed my friends ipod and I started listening to some songs to minimize the stress and loosen up a bit. Then came this very relaxing and attractive voice of a man singing Neyo's version of "Because of You". Although at first I was surprised because for a long time I haven't heard great music as this one. Still, I thought that was awesome. He had his way of creating a perfect rendition of the original songs of some artists. He had this knack of doing things in a whole new perspective.  And that was when I first heard of the BA (Boyce Avenue) song.  



I can't keep myself from listening that song over and over again, together with 'Umbrella', 'Bleeding Love', 'No Air', and 'With You'. I said to myself, dang! This dude's really great! He's own version is way cooler than the original songs. Then, because of my being so preoccupied to graduate from college and then I went to Law School still I kept on listening to their songs. Although I did not have any updates from them for like a year since I've been very very busy at work, school and helping at the charity at the same time. 

Then just this year, my classmate at Law School, Qur'atuayne (that's her real name), introduced to me a song called "What Hurts The Most". Although I was not really that active at Facebook. After seeing that music video, I was like "OMG! So this is him, the -Because of You- dude. Wow!". After that I just got instantly hooked to them, to their music and just about everything that they are up to. I kept listening to their versions and their original songs was even way perfect! Just like my ultimate favorite song from them, -Find Me-. The song was very touching and I like the fact that Alejandro Manzano has this well-balanced voice and perfect falsetto. He and his brothers are like the coolest siblings ever. They do the things that they love the most - MUSIC.

Without a doubt, they are just sickeningly awesome! ;)


Because of them, I wanted to desperately learn to play the guitar/piano/cajon and do some song writing. Because of them, I met lots of other BA enthusiasts who share the same love for the boys. I get to befriend people from Germany, Brazil , US and others. It was like I had an extended family with the other fans. We constantly chat and talk about what are the boys up to, where they are and what country will they tour next time. We get updates from each other and just the experience of hearing great music from great singers like them is the best.

It's good to know that they finally got signed up to Universal Republic. Their passion for music is one of a kind. Truly, the Manzano brothers Alejandro Luis Manzano, Fabian Rafael Manzano and Daniel Enrique Manzano  are definitely bestowed with pure talent and amidst all the success they've accomplished after 3 years, they remained humble. That is why we, the BA fans love them more than ever. 

What they are right now - they deserve it. And for that, we the BA fans will continue supporting them all though out their amazing journey. 

If you want to know more about them and experience a whole new level of great music, you can check them out at these links:
http://YouTube.com/BoyceAvenue
http://Facebook.com/BoyceAvenue
http://iTunes.com/BoyceAvenue
http://BoyceAvenue.com




ENJOY and be part of the Boyce Avenue Mania!



Love,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, really nice story!
They also inspired me to play piano and guitar but I feel so old to take lessons. BA inspires alot of people and they're ROLE MODELS!

Michelle said...

haha.. I think we're of the same age. Nah! When it comes to music, you'll learn naman soon. If you have that passion then you can. I'm kinda learning a bit sa guitar even if my fingers are kinda red na.. the strings really hurt though. Ayos sana pag nylon ang strings..hehe.. salamat pala sa comment.. :)

lisiloo said...

This is a really nice blog. It's great to hear other's stories of how they discovered Boyce Avenue. This is what our BA family is all about! - As you say, sharing and showing our love for them.:)Glad we made friends on Facebook!Elisa:)x

Michelle said...

Thanks so much Elisa :)
Haha.. I just took a break from work and had found enough time to update my blog and got inspired writing something for the boys. Yah! I am glad we've met. Can you imagine the wonders of facebook? haha,..in an instant I befriended some lady from UK. Tnx, mate! ;)